Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Pumpkin Patch To Far (Days 66 & 67)

I have had a busy couple of days and didn't get to post yesterday. Yesterday afternoon I traveled with my parents to meet my sister and her family at a pumpkin patch somewhere in the back woods of North Georgia. My dad drives like a race car driver, so setting in the back seat of the vehicle while racing along old country roads was not really the way I planned on spending the day, but what the hell. I would get out of the house and get a chance to take some nice fall photos.



We arrived and waited on my sister then it was off to pumpkin land. Ultimately, it sucked. The nephew was way to young, the drive was way to long, and unless you have some sort of unhealthy pumpkin fetish, it's really not worth going to. I did shoot about 400 frames of the baby though.

Wednesday I trained back at the gym (before the car ride to the pumpkin patch). I managed to do 7 pull-ups at the beginning of the workout. #7 was ugly, ugly, ugly, but I got it. From there I went on to do 3 sets of pull downs, 3 sets of t-bar rows, 3 sets of hammer strength pull downs, and finally 3 sets of body masters seated rows. Before the workout started I did 15 minutes of HIIT cardio and after the workout I finished up my cardio with 30 minutes on the treadmill, incline 12.8, speed 3.8. Kim, Jumping Jack Flash & I walked about 2 miles around the lake last night before dinner (in the dark) for my final cardio workout of the day. I was very proud of Kim and I for making ourselves go ahead and walk. 3+ months ago we'd have been setting on the sofa eating after deciding it was to dark/cold to walk. Yay us!

Wednesday was a 100% on plan day. Breakfast was nutriflakes cereal, raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. Morning snack was a banana and yogurt. Lunch was tomato and corn chowder with a salad. My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner was a huge salad (with smoked goat's cheese!) along with spaghetti with meat sauce and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert was a white chocolate chunk cookie.

Today I had to travel to Atlanta for a meeting after which I had to eat a restaurant, so no 100% on plan day today. Breakfast was lowfat granola cereal, a banana, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was a banana and yogurt. Lunch was my meal out. We ate at Papadeux. Normally I'd have ordered oysters, a warm appetizer, maybe a sushi roll since they now have those on menu, an entree, and most def a dessert. Today I had a lobster salad with the dressing on the side. I ate less than 1/2 and only dipped about 4 bites of the salad into the dressing (used less than 15% of the dressing provided). I consider this to be a complete success. My afternoon snack was a chocolate crunch bar. Dinner this evening was rotini with meat sauce, part of the left over salad from lunch, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert tonight was a peanut butter cookie along with my nightly cup of tea.


I was unable to get to the gym today (I refuse to go to the gym at night, it turns into a social club, well, it used to anyway) due to my meeting in Atlanta. Kim and I did walk Jumping Jack Flash for our usual 2 mile walk for my only cardio workout of the day. I'll pick back up where I left off tomorrow at the gym. It might even be good for me to miss a workout and have an extra day of rest before training legs tomorrow. I'll catch my missed arm workout on Saturday.

The worst thing I've done in the past two days is discover the joy of smoked goat's cheese, the deliciousness of sheep's cheese, and finally remembered to buy some smoked gouda. I add a small amount of cheese to each salad (like 1/2 an ounce or less) but I made the mistake of trying the sheep's cheese all alone yesterday. Lovely. I had to force my self to quit eating it. I've been shaving a thin slice for me and one for the Pug a couple of times since. Back to the strict 100% days tomorrow. But the cheese sure is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment