Saturday, October 10, 2009

Uni & Octopus in the Same Day (Day 55)

This weekend we've been able to relax and sleep in just a bit and the great thing is Kim has the day off work on Monday, so we get to sleep in an extra day as well. I decided not to go to the gym today because my legs are silly sore from yesterday's workout. So after sleeping late and not going to the gym, Kim and I headed towards the Atlanta area to shop for a new sofa. Our current sofa is about 12 years old (it went to college with my sister and I) and our animals have finally destroyed it. I keep using a staple gun to reattach the fabric to the frame, but I think I've run out of fabric to use. After shopping and ordering some new furniture we were hungry. We didn't think we were gonna be gone long enough to worry with packing food to bring with us so we knew we were going to have to eat off plan. We decided to try a sushi bar. Kim had a delicious conch salad and I had some various pieces of sashimi and I FINALLY got to try UNI! The sashimi was some blue fin tuna, salmon, tilapia, and some white tuna, all briefly seared and covered in a dry pepper rub. The Uni is sea urchin. More specifically it's the gonads (yes really) of the sea urchin. I've been trying to order this for over a year, but every place I find that has it on the menu never has any on hand. I think what I had today was some of the lesser quality (probably grade C) but it was nice to finally try it. I even found a place that will ship me some (Premium Grade A) this evening.

My breakfast this morning and both snacks were my only on plan meals today. Breakfast was pancakes, facon, a banana, and a slice of multigrain bread. The pancakes were great. They're one of my favorite meals. My morning snack was yogurt and grapes. Lunch was the sushi. Dinner tonight was a treat as well. We bought an octopus the other day and prepared it tonight. I had 3 ounces of octopus with a huge salad. The octopus was good (we used a little ICBINB) but not the best we've ever had. We bought it from a different store and it was and entire octopus instead of just the tentacles we usually get. Dessert this evening was a chocolate chip cookie heated up in our toaster oven. So on the day I had both Uni & Octopus & stayed within my calories for the day!

The only cardio I got in today other than the walking around while we were shopping was a two mile walk around the lake this evening. I think I'm gonna go to the gym tomorrow and at least do some cardio on the treadmill. Monday morning is my weigh in for the week and the final weigh in for the Columbus Day Challenge. Just need to loose 2.9 pounds to reach my goal for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment