Thursday, October 8, 2009

Quiet Day (Day 52)

I did it again. I'm a day late and a dollar short. This post is for yesterday, October 7th, 2009.

Quick post for today. I had a rather quiet day. Eat, train, rest, bookwork, bed. I did try to shoot some astro-photography images last night, but the moon was to bright for me to achieve what I wanted (a shot of the Milky Way in the background).

I had a good back workout at the gym. I began with 6 rough looking pullups (wanted 7 but it didn't happen), followed by 3 sets of lat pull downs, next up was 3 sets of T-bar rows, followed by 3 sets of hammer strength rows, next was 3 sets of seated rows, finally finishing up with 3 sets of straight arm press downs. The only remarkable thing about the workout came as I was prepairing for my last set of lat pull downs. I strapped my self to the bar and as usual I intended to use my body weight to lower myself into the seat to begin the exercise. I raised my feet off the ground and nothing happened. I weigh so much less than the weights I was using I just hung in the air. So I smiled, hooked my feet under the leg pads that help hold you in the seat and pulled my self down into the seat so I could finish my exercise. Cool. I haven't had to do that in about 8 years. Cardio at the gym was much easier today than the previous days this week. 35 minutes on the treadmill, incline 12.5, speed of 3.8. Kim and I walked Jumping Jack Flash and one of our BIG dogs, Zoey around the lake before dinner last night. Good (relatively) easy day training wise.

Another good on plan day concerning my meals. Breakfast was nutriflakes cereal with raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was yogurt and grapes. Lunch was a little different. I've been tired and feeling run down lately so I decided to add a little something to my lunch. I began with a large salad with spinach and peppers, and then had the NS pasta parmesan with broccoli and then added a Morning Star Chik Patty. I subbed the fake chicken patty into my lunch as two of my veggies from dinner. It added 140 calories to my lunch bringing the total to 355. I was full after lunch and actually took about a 15 minute nap (with my Pug). My afternoon snack was a chocolate fudge cake (I have quit heating these up, they are better room temp). Dinner was a crazy big (for me anyway) salad with spinach, cucumbers, radishes, celery, onions, olives, peppers, and a tiny amount of grated parmesan cheese. After the salad I had a slice of whole wheat bread with macaroni & cheese with beef on top. Very tasty and quite filling dinner. My dessert was a chocolate chip cookie. I still came in below 1500 calories for the day with the minor changes to my veggies during the day.

Looking forward to another productive, on plan day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment