Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New Little Green Friend (Day 59)

My third shipment arrived today with a new little friend in the bottom. My 40# Nutribear. I didn't get a 10 or 30 pound bear (I lost to much to fast) so the 40 bear one has a 20 pound friend to hang out with. Good problem to have if you ask me. Hopefully I'll have a similar problem this time next month.



I got to do something today that I've wanted to try for quite some time. I added a quick, very weak HIIT cardio workout to my routine at the gym today. HIIT is high intensity interval training. Basically I got on the treadmill and for the first 15 minutes instead of walking uphill at a moderate pace like I usually do I programed the treadmill so if I hit the interval button it would increase from a "jog" speed to a "run" speed. I proceeded to walk for 1 minute and then run for a minute. I did this for the first 10 minutes and I felt so good I ran the remaining 5. By run I mean slow jog. But this is a major feat for me. Not the actual running/jogging, but doing it without my knees killing me. After the HIIT I finished yp my cardio with 20 more minutes at an incline of 12.6, speed 3.8.

Before all of this glorious cardio I trained back. I began my workout with 6 pull ups (still can't get to number 7, try again next week). After my pull ups I did 3 sets of hammer strength lat pull downs, 3 sets of Y-bar rows, 3 sets of seated rows, and 3 sets of body masters machine rows. No cardio tonight, Kim is on call and was called out on a case just as she left the office. I LOVE her job.





I've had another 100% on plan day. I began with lowfat granola cereal with raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread. My morning snack was a banana with yogurt. Lunch today was a salad, fettuccine alfredo with a Morning Star Veggie Chick Breast. My afternoon snack was a chocolate almond cookie. Dinner this evening was a large salad and the zesty cajun chicken and sausage with rice. Dessert tonight was a chocolate crunch bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment