Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random Compliments (Day 72)

Rain has returned to Georgia today, ruining my evening walk. It also ruined my dogs' entire day, they had to stay inside the entire time.

I received some nice compliments during my gym visit today. First I ran into another gym member who has lost around 75 pounds. He asked how much I had lost (in a very nice, polite matter) and congratulated me on my success. A little later I ran into my insurance agent (still at the gym) and he also congratulated me. He was with his trainer (who I've know for years) who was also very complimentary. He did inquire as to whether I thought I'd lost any muscle during the diet. This is something I've thought about quite a bit. I don't think I've lost much if any. My strength has declined slightly this week, but I think this is due to the exhaustion from all of the cardio I'm now doing before my workout. Years ago I would have stopped anything that I thought was causing even an ounce of muscle loss. Now, while I still don't think I'm loosing any muscle, the goal is not muscle building but overall health and weight loss so I'm not going to worry about any potential minor muscle/strength loss. Even if I do loose some, I can always build it back over time. Anyway, it was nice to get some compliments from non fremily (I do count my insurance agent as a friend though).

My morning workout was again a 1 man event. My old partner was going to try to make it in today, but he was unable to escape from work. I began with 15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill (walk 1 minute/jog 2 minutes) before starting my workout. The workout started with 3 sets of shoulder presses, then 3 sets of dumbbell side lateral raises, then 3 sets of upright rows, followed by 3 sets of rear delts, and finally finishing up with a 3 set super set of machine shrugs & barbell shrugs. After shoulders I returned to the treadmill for 30 minutes of incline 12.8, speed 3.9. With the rain setting in I only got in 3 of my usual 5 miles of cardio work today. Hopefully it'll dry out tomorrow and we can walk tomorrow evening.

Today was another 100% on plan day for me. I had maple brown sugar oatmeal, raspberries, facon, and a slice of multigrain bread for breakfast. My morning snack was a banana and a cup of yogurt. Lunch today was red beans and rice with sausage, and broccoli & cauliflower in cheese sauce. My afternoon snack was a peanut butter cookie (with a cup of vanilla caramel tea). Dinner tonight was macaroni and cheese with beef, a huge salad, broccoli & cauliflower in cheese sauce, and a slice of multigrain bread. Dessert this evening was a double chocolate almond cookie (with more tea).

Another good day. The only thing that didn't go the way I wanted was tonight's episode of "The Biggest Loser." Why can't Tracey go home. GO HOME TRACEY, GO HOME!





2 comments:

  1. Seriously, I will not watch TBL until she goes home. She makes me want to vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Not Hannah - I've never wanted to punch a woman in the face before. Now I do. I hate her crazy eyes. I hate that she cries about everything. We're gonna have a party the night she gets voted off. Kim cusses her and says vile things about her parents. It's awful. She's awful. TRACEY GO HOME!

    ReplyDelete